[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Mega esophagus ?????

  • From: "Paula M. Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 19:14:26 GMT

Just an addendum to Kay's post, if she doesn't object, I think it is wonderful
to go to Google.  I do it all the time and it is a time-saver, as well as a
savior!  One thing I want to advise people is to look at what you are clicking
on.  I always look at the web addresses and make sure I am getting my
information from a trustworthy, legitimate website.  For dog health info I look
for addys that are from universities (vet schools) or vet organizations or
scientific institutes or government agencies, i.e. ending in .edu or .org or
.gov.   OFFA.org, the OFA website, is also a wealth of health info.  Not just
hips and elbows, anymore, for sure!!   For breed info, the AKC is a Wonderland
of info and links to parent clubs, kennel clubs, show rules and dates, etc.
Just a heads-up to watch out for quacks, etc.  There are MANY of them out there
in cyberspace, and MUCH misinformation.  Basically, I believe that Caveat
Emptor applies to info as well as consumerism.  I LOVE Wikipedia, but it is far
from 100% accurate in many instances.  Like with Poker (and life in general)
"Trust the dealer, but.................always cut the cards!!"   :-) Paula, 164
days and countingHome of BIS, BISS, Multi-Group Winning, 2 Time AKC JAM/AOE,
Intern'l & Am CH, Silver Grand Champion Asgard Harley Davidson, HT, PT, CGC,
TC, HIC, OFA CHIC #64047 (Hips, Elbows, Cardiac, & Thyroid), 1st male GSD Grand
Champion. 2010 #1 GSD in California, Lifetime #1 GSD in Michigan, 2010 #1 GSD
male in USA (AKC GCH Stats), 2011 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Invitee,
2010-2011-Lifetime AKC Eukanuba Invitee. 2 Time Cruft's Invitee.