[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: May review

  • From: AGray40366@xxxxxxx
  • To: lexieshep@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 16:30:22 EDT

In a message dated 7/6/2005 11:24:57 AM Central Standard Time,
lexieshep@xxxxxxxxx writes:
What do  you consider an ATTACK DOG? I hope this is not going where I think
it could be  going because if that is the case, Then ALL German Shepherds
should be  respected and shown in all shows regardless of the Country of
origin,
body  style, color, floppy ears, etc...

Dawn

NO,NO, No, I simply meant that bite work is not my cup of tea, I have great
respect for herding work, but think bite work is sometimes putting a loaded
gun  in a child's hands and our beautiful dogs get enough negative press over
careless owners not understanding the strong protective nature of gsd's. I get
so tired of people thinking if it's a gsd in the yard it will bite and if
it's a  poodle it won't. I tried Sch work, it wasn't my thing. I like
conformation and  to watch good agility and herding dogs.  That's all I meant.
personally  don't choose "working dog" aspect of gsd's. I don't mind if you
prefer
them.
Ann Gray