[ SHOWGSD-L ] Masstana GSD Brags

  • From: MASSTANA@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 15:34:58 -0400 (EDT)

Well it's been a short spring of shows and we have had some good luck
lately.

First, on April 8th, our Masstana's Midnight Celebration (Gala), went  WB
under Doug Crane at Delaware Valley GSDC for her 2nd 3 pt major.  She  showed
like a dream and we thank Mr Crane for his recognition of this exciting
bitch as she showed her heart out.  We showed her one more time then  she blew
her coat and we sat her down for a couple of months and brought her out
for the Bay State Specialty on Saturday June 16th under judge Michel  Chaloux
where she won the open class and went reserve to the Am Bred bitch,
Signatures Ruthless v Kridler (who went on to BOB over 5 specials).  Mr
Chaloux
has some very nice things to say about our Gala and it was a close  decision
he said.  Then at the Southern New Hampshire GSDC show on June  17th, the
positions were reversed and Gala went WB for another 3  points (her 3rd major),
under judge Mr. Thomas Coen.  It was the first  time we had seen Mr. Coen
judge and we were impressed with his judging, not just  because we won but
because he did a great job in getting the best dogs that day  to the front of
the line.

 In all these shows Gala was handled outstandingly by "Master" handler
George Berstler who has handled for us for over 30 years.  We truly  appreciate
your efforts on our behalf George.

Then, while Gala was sitting out growing a coat, we decided to show our
solid black bitch (Gala's litter sister) Masstana's Kiss at Midnight (Kizzy)
at  a couple of shows.  First, on June 3rd we went down to the Southern New
Jersey GSDC to show under Dan Smith but when he had to cancel and we ended
up  showing under the knowledgeable GSD judge and breeder,  Brenda Newby,
where Kizzy went WB for 2 points her first time our this year.  Kizzy  was
handled again by George who did a great job.  And big thank you to Mrs.  Newby
for appreciating our beautiful bitch.

Then on June 9th we showed Kizzy under Bob Slay at the Greenwich KC  show
in Norwalk.  Kizzy again went WB for another 2 points.  This time  Kizzy was
handled to perfection by Sean Conboy who does an outstanding job with  our
bitches.  Big thanks to Sean.  We really appreciate your coming  down to show
our little girl.

We enjoyed watching Mr Slay judge as we hadn't seen him since we  showed
our bitch Masstana's Ocala Vom Cypress at the St Louis National back in  the
80's.  I believe that was the national he put up Marge Dolan's puppy
(Dolmars Elegance) out of the 9 to 12 class.  We went 2nd American Bred  then
and
were thrilled to do so well with over 20 bitches in her class.  He  has great
ring procedure and gives everybody a good look.  Again we believe  he gives
all the dogs a good look and gets the best one's to the front of the  line.
 Good judge, highly recommended to anyone looking for specialty  judges.
At this show he put up Edie Trocki's dog, Ch. Legate Hill's Forth  and Won
(Brady) to the breed and again judged him to 3rd in Herding Group.
Congratulations to Bob and Edie on their beautiful Brady.

All in all a good June for sure.  Thanks for reading.
John and Nancy Vaught
_www.masstana.com_ (http://www.masstana.com)

PS:  At the Bay State show we trotted out our littlest star,  Masstana's
Ch Masstana's Karli (Bono daughter) bred to Sel Ch Shebland's Grayson
Camareigh (Bono Grandson).  Her picture can be seen on our web page under
current
stars.  She is unbelieveable!  Too good to be true!  But  it's fun looking
at her.