[ SHOWGSD-L ] Mary Stoll

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 22:19:00 EST

In a message dated 12/19/2005 3:32:37 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
pruett@xxxxxxxxx writes:
as a 1 ½  year cancer survivor, my heart goes out to others who fought the
good fight  and lost.  Mary was very lucky to have someone like Gail to love
and
 support
her on her journey.

I seldom put personal things on the List, I find those are  best kept to
myself and sent to those who I am close to. But, I did want to say  something
about Mary.

There is no question that she was a quality person, and  someone who made my
life better for knowing her. For some reason I knew she was  not going to be
with us much longer, and I had called her a few months back just  to wish her
well. She told me how good she was doing, and how pleased she was to  be going
to the national. When I saw her there, it pained me to see what was  going on.

After you have a fight with cancer, it does make you realize  how fragile
life is, and how little control we have over our lives. It makes us  realize
how
important our friends are, and how seldom we let them know.   Each day is a
bonus for us all, and I am pleased to have had a chance to share  some of those
days with Mary.

I know how difficult it must be for Gail, and the rest of  Mary's friends,
but we will always have the memories of her life, and hold them  close. That is
not enough, but it is what we have.

We do need to say these things now and then, but not too  often.  I will miss
Mary, and remember all of those who have gone  before.

 As for everyone else, stick around for a bit, and thanks  for being there.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together