[ SHOWGSD-L ] Marshall Texas...Lilly GSD 35 pounds UNDERWEIGHT!

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 05:04:26 -0700 (PDT)

   Lilly is a purebred black and tan GSD who was part of a cruelty seizure. She
was brought into the shelter 35 pounds underweight...obviously suffering from
starvation. There were several cats in this home in similar conditions; one
having to be humanely euthanized because he was just too far gone.
It appears that Lilly had been living on bugs, as her first toilet in the
shelter consisted of nothing but digested bugs.
  The shelter wants to give this girl a chance...is there anyone who can either
foster or help with donations?  There is a direct line for any cash
donations..I would be happy to send it to anyone who wants it.
  We also had a young male found in Illinois with a wound on his neck and
abcesses in his mouth. He was taken in by a Great Pyr rescue person. The vet
bill including the surgery for his mouth came to 130$ (unbelievabley cheap...),
of which there was enough in the donation coffers to cover!!! It looks as if he
has a home with a neighbor of his foster parent! THANK YOU to all who have sent
donations!! You ARE making a HUGE difference in the lives of these animals!!!!
There is a very sad senior in Ohio who was found wandering who is in dire need
of a foster; I have an offer of a 501c3 lic so there shouldnt be a pull fee
aside from the usual costs of vaccinations and neuter...We have Emmie in Athens
Georgia who is still living in a vets office (sweet black and tan gal...all
vetted)...Gretchen, the senior that Kristi Jacobs so graciously offered to
foster has been unfortunatley ADOPTED out by the pound, even tho I asked them
to put a hold on her!!! GRRRRR.... And the trash can
 puppy who had gone for vet check was  found to have an enlarged heart. The
verdict is still out on this baby...so sad...she has never known the warmth of
human compassion in her short life. Thrown into a trash barrel with her brother
and some rotten deer carcass and sent down a river....How can people do this to
an animal?? Kerri from Romance GSDs had offered a foster for her...but getting
her to Ontario had proved a monumental task. There was a momma and 3 pups in a
W.Georgia kill shelter who was taken in by Southern Cross German Shepherd
Rescue. They are beyond overwhelmed and if anyone knows someone who wants a
sweet pup, PLEASE contact Molly Moncure...donations are ALWAYS appreciated.
This rescue took the bonded pair from Walker County (Buddy and Gretchen),
flying them to their home.
  I am finding that the BIGGEST hurdle is transport! Many of the transports I
deal with charge 75$ per dog (not alot in the bigger scheme of things but when
money is tight..) I still think it would be GREAT if just 2 people per state
could offer to drive! That way, no one is doing a long haul. If I could have
set up transport immediatey for Gretchen, she would now be bathed and loved
instead of maybe chained for the rest of her life.
Thanks for allowing me to keep you all updated!!!! Remember the starfish
theory...we cant save everyone, but it sure matters to the ONE YOU SAVED! And
the dogs all say WOOF WOOF!!!!! Thank You Too!!!!!
Dawn Restuccia
ps...anyone who wants to know the GSDs who are URGENT, just go to
Germanshepherds.com and join!