[ SHOWGSD-L ] Marking HELP!

  • From: Karen4paws@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:19:25 EDT

HELP!  My River, is having a mental health crisis. He started  marking with
alarming frequency three days ago. He has been marking somewhat  since my TC
died about 9 months ago. TC's favorite past time, despite many  efforts to stop
it, was marking his house. River never marked until TC passed  away and I
guess River, who was next inline for the doggie Alpha position,  decided it was
his duty to take over. While his marking was frustrating it was  not very
frequent so recovering from the momentary frustration of cleaning up  after him
was
easy. However, he has been marking everywhere so many times a day  I am ready
to pull my hair out. I thought maybe a bladder infection and have a  vet
appointment Friday but I have a suspicion that it is not a medical cause as  he
does not mark when anyone is there to finger him for it. He conveniently  marks
when no one is in the room and is marking everything..the fridge, washer,
drier, table, chairs, gates, crates, Aaron's toys, bed corners  URRGGG   I had
already decided to neuter him because I am not  going to breed him and wanted
prevent health problems as he gets older  but neutering TC at age 3 years did
nothing to stop the marking so I don't hold  onto any hope that it will stop
River who is now 4 years old. Any help in  stopping this behavior and/or help
for getting out the smell in cloth furniture  and rugs would be truly
appreciated. I am already soaking everything in Natures  Miracle.

a VERY frustrated, Karen!

Karen Shirk, 4 Paws For Ability, Inc. and 4 Paws GSD Rescue
_www.4pawsforability.org_ (http://www.4pawsforability.org/)   karen4
paws@xxxxxxx
253 Dayton Avenue, Xenia, Ohio 45385
937-374-0385  937-602-9448