[ SHOWGSD-L ] Manny's Ice Dispenser Story

  • From: "HessenGSD" <Peg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 11:27:57 -0700

There is a wondrous machine in the kitchen that gives frozen, crunchy
treats. Each night after I eat my dinner, Mom goes in the kitchen and gets
some for me.

Sometimes she is busy watching TV or working at the computer and it is agony
waiting for those juicy treats. I would get them myself, but the machine
won't give them to me-it squirts me in the face with cold water whenever I
try to push the button with my nose.

So I sit in front of Mom, intently staring at her face. If that doesn't
work, I go and sit in front of the TV. That usually does the trick. But
sometimes Mom looks past me and says "Down" in an irritated tone of voice. I
hate to disobey, but I refuse. I know that if I lie down it will be a LONG
TIME, and I've waited ALL DAY, and I just CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!  Then I see
Mom's face soften and she looks me in the eye and gently tells me "Down"
again.

VICTORY!!  I plop down and she says "What do you want?" I turn my head
waiting for the magic words. Then she says it "Do you want some ice?" and I
run excitedly to the kitchen. I watch in anticipation as the cantankerous
machine makes loud, clacking protests. But Mom is persistent and the machine
eventually tosses out my favorite juicy, crunchy, frozen treats. I scarf
them down and they feel so good in my mouth.

After a quick check behind the shower curtain to make sure there aren't any
monsters, I go outside to pee on all the trees. Then off to bed with dreams
of the wondrous machine tossing me ice cubes as fast as I can eat them :)

Manny

P.S. Mom sometimes tries to give me ice cubes at dog shows. But they don't
taste the same, so I spit them out. Of course, I might make an exception if
dog shows had liver-flavored ice.

Peg Graham - http://HessenGSD.com
Home of Multiple BISS, Pacific Coast Victrix, 2012 #8 GSD, 2014 #3 Bitch in
CA, GCH CH Mariner's Akaya RN HSAs "Moto"
"May I always be the kind of person my dogs think I am."

http://showgsd.org/mail.html