[ SHOWGSD-L ] Major Win Brag

  • From: "Susan Gionfriddo" <gsheps@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 14:27:24 -0400

I am thrilled to brag about my handsome and mellow boy- Zimsu's Samuel Adams
(Sam)  for winning a 5 point major under judge Debbie Hokkanen at Mohawk Hudson
GSDC in Albany yesterday! Sam is only 17 months old and now needs one 3 point
major to finish! He was expertly handled yesterday by George Berstler and an
awesome team together in the ring. Thank you George for all your hard work!
Thank you for all the great compliments and congratulations we received. Most
notably, the compliments on how Sam is the TOTAL PACKAGE, with his masculine
head, huge bone, plush coat, great feet, pigment and temperament, as well as
his fluid, suspended and balanced side gait.  His Sire is Am/Can. Sel. CH.
Witmer's Jamiroquai OFA, ROM and his dam is Zimsu's Coffee, Tea or Mimi OFA,
daughter of my first Champion- Champion Olivia of Zimsu.  Thanks also to the
other judges who have recognized his qualities and given him his additional
points so far: Karin Wagner, Carole-White Mosher, Doris Farrell, as well as a
few all-breed judges who pointed him that I am embarrassed to say I forgot
their names! LOL!   Also, a special thank you to Beth Zils and Philip Moore for
your great handling of Sam at the shows under some of the  judges named and to
Sue Lapinski for doing such a great job helping me to double Sam yesterday! I
really appreciate everyone's help and all the compliments! On to the next show!
Susan Gionfriddo Zimsu German Shepherds
  #1: From: "Peter Cacioppo"
<petercacioppo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:petercacioppo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: OFA's new DM  Gene Marker Test
  #2: From: caggra@xxxxxxx<mailto:caggra@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: Big Mississippi Brags!
  #3: From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx<mailto:Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: GSDs are THE BEST!! AND Showing/working
  #4: From: "Sharon Allbright"
<sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  #5: From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Continental Airlines.
  #6: From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: 4 Pt BOS very nice!!
  #7: From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Re: Long Beach / Orange Coast results with pictures
  #8: From: wernersommers@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:wernersommers@xxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: Big Mississippi Brags!
  #9: From: Ruth Scheubler
<rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: So Arizona gaiting shots
  #10: From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx<mailto:stormy435@xxxxxxx>>
  Subject: TN,AKC ALERT<> SB258

  Msg: #1 in digest
  From: "Peter Cacioppo"
<petercacioppo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:petercacioppo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:01:46 -0700

  Previous e-mail FROM REBECCA:
  From: "Rebecca Little" <pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: DM DNA test from OFA
  Has anyone on the list used the DM test from OFA? I just ordered one and
  will do the rest of my gang over time(its $65 per test). Just wondering what
  everyone thought of the test.
  Rebecca Little

  My ANSWER:
  Yes, used it on Cab and got a great result for him.

  Eagle Hill's Cabernet Sauvignon
  ( "Cab" or "Cabernet")AKC DN11042402.
  Cab has his permanent OFA Hip and Elbow Certification: Hips Good and Elbows
  Normal, received on June 1, 2007:  GS-76443G24M-PI (micro-chip);
  GS-EL20512M24-PI.  Cab also received a Normal/Normal on his two OFA DM
  markers, received March 31, 2009; GS-DM132/46M-PI.

  I ran Cab through the OFA test for DM (this is the University of Missouri's
  test)  Remember they test something different than the University of Florida
  researchers apparently. It is said that the University of Missouri people
  think DM is related to the L. Gehrig disease, and the University of Florida
  is saying GSDM is like the human Multiple Sclerosis ("MS") disease.
  Anyway, the OFA test is showing Cab has two normal genes. (I believe it is
  like "coats", where a puppy gets one gene from the sire and one gene from
  the dam.  Thus, a puppy could be a "carrier" on DM by getting  one defective
  gene from the dam and one normal gene from the sire.....or the puppy could
  be at risk, by getting two defective genes, one from each parent.... or two
  normal genes, like Cab).  Thus a sire like Cab can only give a normal gene
  when he is bred.  If the dam also has two normal genes, then each puppy
  resulting can only have two normal genes.

  You order the DM testing kit from the OFA site.
  It is a simple swab from inside of the mouth and results came back in only 3
  weeks.

  Peter Cacioppo
  www.EagleHillGroup.net<http://www.eaglehillgroup.net/>
  Eagle Hill Wines and Vineyards, Moraga, CA

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #2 in digest
  Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 11:45:00 -0400
  From: caggra@xxxxxxx<mailto:caggra@xxxxxxx>

  What a great weekend we had in Mississippi.?? The Jackson & Louisiana clubs
put on one heck of a cluster near Jackson.? The show site is just gorgeous with
abundant grass, shade and lots of great people.? Those who didn't go this year
should definitely go next year.?
  Our young male Windfall's Year of the Gentleman "Ne-Yo" won the 6-9 class all
4 shows.? To top it off on Sat under Kathy Casteel he took a 4 pt major
reserve!? Then on Sunday under Carol Smith he took Best Puppy!??? Thank you
both for these wins and to Cathy for the really nice comments and critique on
our young boy.?

  NeYo's sister Foxhaven-MyJoy's Good Girl Gone Bad, aka "Rihanna" beat out
Ne-Yo for Best Puppy at the 2 shows on Saturday under Doris Farrell and Kathy
Casteel.? She also took Reserve from the 6-9 bitch class under Kathy!??

  These two youngsters are sired by Ch. Cade of Fran-Jo, out of Joelle's
Golddigger of Jeseffan.
  Nick & I own Ne-Yo.?? He and I co-own Rihanna with Denise Fox and Joyce
Willis.?

  Congrats to the rest of the winners.? We look forward to next year in
Jackson....

  Jeff Pyle & Nick Fedorow
  Windfall

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #3 in digest
  From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx<mailto:Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx>
  Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 11:36:04 EDT

  In a message dated 4/20/09 8:07:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
  sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

  > The little dog greeted me with a happy look and as I was just
  > about to stick my hand in the window for a pet I glanced towards the back
  > of
  > the car and there, sitting on the seat with eyes of granite was this huge
  > German Shepherd Dog.  He didn't make a single move nor blink nor a sound.
  > BUT I knew if I had touched that little dog I would no longer have had a
  > hand.

  lol, sharon - must have been parked near me in that last row.  i like to
  think that the dogs were working as a team, the GSD using the Chihuahua as a
  lure<G>.  personally, i worry more about the little weenies - some of them
  act SO ferocious.  these 2 had a good system, though.
  glad you still have both hands!
  diane
  Diane Silver-Strasser
  Silstra German Shepherds<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Access 350+ FREE radio
stations
  anytime from anywhere on the web. Get the Radio Toolbar!

(http://toolbar.aol.com/aolradio/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000003)</HTML<http://toolbar.aol.com/aolradio/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000003)</HTML>>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #4 in digest
  From: "Sharon Allbright" <sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:13:49 -0700

  I do agree with you.  When my son had a paper route he was always getting
nipped by a tiny dog, never the big ones.
  I thought the dogs were great.  They are Paula's you know and if everyone had
dogs that behaved like hers do no one anywhere could ever complain.
  Sharon

  Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:17:09 -0700 (PDT)
  From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>>

  I read today in Forbes Magazine that Continental is giving One Pass miles for
animals booked on the owners flight. It's called Pet Pass and details can be
found on the Continental website.
  Joan
   Joan F. Fox website:
http://www.campaignersgsds.com<http://www.campaignersgsds.com/>
  17500 Haskins Rd.
  Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023
  Home & Fax: 440-543-9165
  Cell: 440-759-4119

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #6 in digest
  Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:18:31 -0700
  From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>>

  Hi Guys
  Well after stud dog duties we decided to have our big guy come out to Long
  Beach Specialties for a different kind of fun.  Of course if he had to
  choose, he would stay home with the ladies, lololol.
  But THANK YOU to Mr. Robert Funk on Best Opp Sex at Long Beach Specialty
  April 5.
  Joe Joe (Ch. Garter's EMale Fran-Jo Anne Isle) was a juggernaut, and a big
  black and mahogany one to boot , for us
  that day.   He is a Can GV, 2x US Sel Ch. Jag of Fran Jo son, out of RBIF
  Lisa of Fran Jo, ROM.
  This outstanding STALLION Male is joyfully owned by Gary Lewis (Garter GSDs)
  and Ken and Myself.
  He is a wonderful show dog, family dog, clown, and WOW ARE WE EXCITED ABOUT
  HIS BABIES!!
  Thank you to all for your support of him.
  Kathy
  http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com<http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/>
  ~or~
  http://www.germanshepherdssocal.com<http://www.germanshepherdssocal.com/>
  PUP-DATED:  April 20, 2009
  HOME OF:
  CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
  CH. Victory's Leviathan
  CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

  WE SUPPORT DRUG AND DYE TESTING

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #7 in digest
  Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:26:38 -0700
  From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>>

  Thank you Michel
  I noticed that the photo for Best Opposite apparently was not included?  I
  am sure the breeders and co owners and admirers of this outstanding dog
  would like to see this?
  It is yet ANOTHER gorgeous SHARON AVERY photo.
  Here is the direct link to his page.  If you click on the picture you get
  the enlarged version.

http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/EMALE.htm<http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/EMALE.htm>

  Thank you and congratulations again to Ch.Garter's EMale Fran Jo Anne Isle ,
  as well as to his breeders Gary Lewis and Martha Simonette.  We proudly co
  own this wonderful boy with Gary...
  Kathy Tank
  http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com<http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/>
  ~or~
  http://www.germanshepherdssocal.com<http://www.germanshepherdssocal.com/>
  PUP-DATED:  April 16, 2009
  HOME OF:

  CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
  CH. Victory's Leviathan
  CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

  WE SUPPORT DRUG AND DYE TESTING

  On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 6:29 AM, Michel A. Ebertin
<michel@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote<mailto:michel@xxxxxxxxxxx%3Ewrote>:

  > The results from the  Long Beach / Orange Coast   specialties have been
  > updated with pictures on the GSDCA site.
  > You can access the results from this page:

http://www.gsdca.org/base/2009_Specialty_Show_Results.php<http://www.gsdca.org/base/2009_Specialty_Show_Results.php>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #8 in digest
  Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:53:44 -0700 (PDT)
  From: wernersommers@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:wernersommers@xxxxxxxxx>

  Jeff,
  Congratulations with this Boy..........Windfall's Year of the Gentleman

  It looks like you are going to have a lot of fun with him.

  Werner
  http://imagegermanshepherds.com/<http://imagegermanshepherds.com/>
  BISS Am/Can CH. Scher-Lo's Mr Karizma HIC.OFA h&e
  Am.CH. Hadori's Samantha OFA h&e
  B.O.F CH. Pointed, Lorien's Play By Play OFA h&e

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #9 in digest
  Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:57:29 -0700 (PDT)
  From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>>

  The gaiting shots are up for the Sothern Arizona shows.
  Go to www.RightDog.com<http://www.rightdog.com/> and click on show proofs.
  Ruth
  www.RightDg.com<http://www.rightdg.com/>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #10 in digest
  Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:50:32 -0700
  From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx<mailto:stormy435@xxxxxxx>>

  [Monday, April 20, 2009]
  Committees in the Tennessee Legislature will hear companion bills that
  address dog breeding regulations in Tennessee. Senate Bill 258 will be
  considered by the Senate Commerce, Labor, and Agriculture Committee on
  Tuesday; its companion, House Bill 386 will considered by the House
  Judiciary Committee on Wednesday.

  The AKC opposed provisions in the original version of this bill that
  would have:

  * Limited the number of dogs an individual may own
  * Implemented inspections of any premises without warrant or
  proving probable cause, where more than 20 intact companion animals over
  six months old are maintained
  * Permitted the Commissioner of Agriculture to confiscate animals
  and allow national humane organizations to house these animals.

  The American Kennel Club Government Relations Department has recently
  learned that an amendment developed by the House Agriculture Committee
  that addresses the AKC's concerns will be considered. The AKC is eager
  to work for measures that will address the issues without punishing
  responsible breeders and owners. We will continue to monitor this
  legislation and will provide more details and updates as they become
  available.

  HOW YOU CAN HELP:

  Attend the committee hearings on Tuesday and Wednesday. Alternatively,
  call, e-mail, or fax the committee members listed below. Express your
  support for reasonable and enforceable laws that protect the welfare and
  health of dogs without restricting the rights of owners and breeders who
  take their responsibilities seriously.

  Details on the committees' hearings are as follows:

  SB 258 - Senate Commerce, Labor, and Agriculture Committee
  Tuesday, April 21, 2009
  1:00 PM
  Legislative Plaza Room 12
  Nashville, TN 37243

  Sen. Paul Stanley, Chair
  11 Legislative Plaza
  Nashville, TN 37243-031
  Phone (615) 741-3036
  Fax (615) 741-1005
  sen.paul.stanley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:sen.paul.stanley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Sen. Dewayne Bunch, Vice-Chair
  9 Legislative Plaza
  Nashville, TN 37243
  Phone (615) 741-3730
  Fax (615) 253-0243
  sen.dewayne.bunch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:sen.dewayne.bunch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Sen. Charlotte Burks, Secretary
  304 War Memorial Bldg.
  Nashville, TN 37243-0215
  Phone (615) 741-3978
  Fax (615) 741-8744
  sen.charlotte.burks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:sen.charlotte.burks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Sen. Mae Beavers
  7 Legislative Plaza
  Nashville, TN 37243-0217
  Phone (615) 741-2421
  sen.mae.beavers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:sen.mae.beavers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Sen. Tim Burchett
  306 War Memorial Bldg.
  Nashville, TN 37243-0207
  Phone (615) 741-1766
  sen.tim.burchett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:sen.tim.burchett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Sen. Jack Johnson
  10A Legislative Plaza
  Nashville, TN 37243-0023
  Phone (615) 741-2495
  Fax (615) 253-0321
  sen.jack.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:sen.jack.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Sen. Bill Ketron
  13 Legislative Plaza
  Nashville, TN 37243-0213
  Phone (615) 741-6853
  Fax (615) 741-7200
  sen.bill.ketron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:sen.bill.ketron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Sen. Eric Stewart
  310A War Memorial Bldg.
  Nashville, TN 37243
  Phone (615) 741-6694
  sen.eric.stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:sen.eric.stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Sen. Reginald Tate
  320 War Memorial Bldg.
  Nashville, TN 37243-0033
  Phone (615) 741-2509
  Fax (615) 253-0167
  sen.reginald.tate@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:sen.reginald.tate@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  HB 386 - House Judiciary Committee
  Wednesday, April 22, 2009
  8:30 AM
  House Hearing Room 31
  Nashville, TN 37243

  Rep. Kent Coleman, Chair
  32 Legislative Plaza
  Nashville, TN 37243-0149
  Phone (615) 741-6829
  Fax (615) 253-0332
  rep.kent.coleman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rep.kent.coleman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Rep. Jon Lundberg, Vice Chair
  205 War Memorial Building
  Nashville, TN 37243-0104
  Phone (615) 741-7623
  Fax (615) 253-0272
  rep.jon.lundberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rep.jon.lundberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Rep. Janis Baird Sontany, Secretary
  32 Legislative Plaza
  Nashville, TN 37243-0153
  Phone (615) 741-6861
  Fax (615) 253-0325
  rep.janis.sontany@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rep.janis.sontany@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Rep. Eddie Bass
  109 War Memorial Bldg.
  Nashville, TN 37243-0165
  Phone (615) 741-1864
  Fax (615) 741-1005
  rep.eddie.bass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rep.eddie.bass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Rep. Karen D. Camper
  20 Legislative Plaza
  Nashville, TN 37243-0087
  Phone: (615) 741-1898
  rep.karen.camper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rep.karen.camper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Rep. Vance Dennis
  105 War Memorial Bldg.
  Nashville TN 37243
  Phone: (615) 741-2190
  Fax: (615) 253-0377
  rep.vance.dennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rep.vance.dennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Rep. Henry Fincher
  32 Legislative Plaza
  Nashville, TN 37243-0142
  Phone (615) 741-1875
  rep.henry.fincher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rep.henry.fincher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Rep. Chad Faulkner
  202 War Memorial Bldg.
  Nashville TN 37243
  Phone: (615) 741-3335
  rep.chad.faulkner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rep.chad.faulkner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Rep. Brian Kelsey
  110 War Memorial Building
  Nashville, TN 37243-0183
  Phone (615) 741-4415
  Fax (615) 253-0349
  rep.brian.kelsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rep.brian.kelsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Rep. Judd Matheny
  205 War Memorial Building
  Nashville, TN 37243-0147
  Phone (615) 741-7448
  Fax (615) 253-0226
  rep.judd.matheny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rep.judd.matheny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Rep. Mike Stewart
  22 Legislative Plaza
  Nashville, TN 37243
  Phone: (615) 741-2184
  rep.mike.stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rep.mike.stewart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Rep. Eric Watson
  205 War Memorial Building
  Nashville, TN 37243-0122
  Phone (615) 741-7799
  Fax (615) 253-0252
  rep.eric.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rep.eric.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  Government Relations Department
  American Kennel Club
  8051 Arco Corporate Drive
  Suite 100
  Raleigh, NC 27617-3390
  (919) 816-3720
  (919) 816-4275 FAX

  ++ This message is a service of the American Kennel Club's Government
Relations Department and you are receiving it in response to your request. This
information may be reprinted or forwarded appropriately with a citation to AKC.

  Please read AKC's Privacy Statement:

http://www.akc.org/about/site/privacystatement.cfm<http://www.akc.org/about/site/privacystatement.cfm>

  To unsubscribe:
  Please send an e-mail to majordomo@xxxxxxx<mailto:majordomo@xxxxxxx> with the
following in the message body.
  "unsubscribe legislation <your_email_address_here>"

  Our website address is:
  http://www.akc.org<http://www.akc.org/>

  Our mailing address is:
  American Kennel Club