[ SHOWGSD-L ] Mailing Labels (was They answer to a higher standard)

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx, Stormy435@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 12:58:07 -0400 (EDT)

To me, its insulting that we are even having a conversation about what
officer of candidate didn't pay for mailing labels.  Is this the kind of
people we are nominating to represent us?  Then I dont think they are  the
problem, WE ARE!!

Every officer and director should be allowed mailing labels (paper or
electronic) once a year to be used to communicate with the membership, and
every
 candidate in the ballot should be given a set of mailing labels to be used
for  their campaign.

Who are we kidding, we cant have it both way.  We want to hear from  the
board, we want to hear from the candidates, so lets give them the tools, or
at least A tool, to reach out to us.

We could be hearing about projects in planning, we could be hearing about
how they are going to fix the ozone layer, or how we should all "forgive and
 forget"  (yeah, right).

Better yet, we could be exchanging ideas and communicating OUR desires to
those we elected to work for us.

With all the issues they deal with, mailing communications to the
membership shouldn't be one of them.
And if done electronically, members can always opt out of future
communications.

I know, I know, it takes a change on the by laws.  Then lets change  the
bylaws.

* Ileana  *
Inquest GSD's, Home of :
2 x Sel EX AM CH & Sel CAN CH Karizma's  Cacique of Inquest TC, aka DEXTER
Kaleef's Expensive Date (major pointed) aka  JACKIE

In a message dated 8/25/2011 10:09:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:
In a  message dated 8/24/2011 1:35:29 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
Stormy435@xxxxxxx writes:
Against  the GSDCA rules, Laura, to use  the roster for anything other
than  election campaigns (and of  course notices from GSDCA to the
membership), from everything  I have read.

Storm

On Aug  24, 2011, at 11:26 AM,  GrnRam415@xxxxxxx wrote:

Maybe the rules should  change.   Folks running for the Board are in
various financial   positions.  To make it an even playing field, all
nominees  should have access to the membership list without  charge.  I
appreciate the emails so I can hope to make an  educated decision.   I
sure don't depend on the little  bios that come with the  ballots.
OTOH, if a member wants  access to the mailing list  for personal or
especially  financial gain, they should pay a  fee.  JMHO!

Laura  Thomas

I've been reading the posts regarding use of membership  list for
campaigning,and I have some thoughts. Dania is membership  chairman,and has
 nothing
to do with Bios and campaigning on   the computer Lists. I remember  well,
when their was no campaigning  allowed in the Review .Then we changed it to

allowing each candidate  to send out one letter only and mailing -That's
when
the rule came  in that if you were going to send to entire membership, you
had to  pay for the membership list.  Then people doubled and triple up   in
using the one letter for 1-3 candidates for different positions. But  of
course we were the to the point ,with people who had computers  were
sending
out  to different email lists and privately and phoning  privately, Now  ,
since we have arrived at the computer age, I think  perhaps we  should
upgrade our thinking,knowing that we can't  enforce the present rule  or
prevent
people from privately phoning or  emailing.  It seems the  sensible thing
allow,on a trial  basis maybe, and since this year,we have a  number of
fine
candidates  to choose from, we should allow  more choice to  the candidates
.
OPINIONS ANYONE ???? Helen Miller  Fisher