[ SHOWGSD-L ] MY WEEKEND...GOOD & BAD

  • From: "Castle Kennels" <castlegsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 20:27:19 -0500

The good part of my weekend was another BOB brag for my CH Castle's Gandalf,
RN, TC, HIC, OFA at the Sheboygan Kennel Club in Plymouth, WI on Saturday
under Betty Capstick.  Sire:  BIS CH Dan-Ann's Scherlo Scout OFA;  Dam:  CH
Castle's Queen Victoria  TC, HIC,OFA.

My joy was short lived, however, when my neighbor came over when I returned
and told me that my black bitch,  Blackberry Pie, was seen running down the
bike path in back of my house while I was in Wisconsin.  He informed me that
three squad cars showed up to catch her while people stood by watching
yelling "vicious" dog!.  Just what I needed in a neighborhood with a 3-dog
ordinance!  I am so thankful that the other dogs, except for two other
bitches, were with me!  I was stunned, in a state of shock because I had
left her safely in the garage with the dog-door access to the enclosed
kennel area of the yard.    I couldn't imagine how she had escaped since all
doors and windows were locked. Then, my neighbor said the garage door was
wide open!  Evidently, she had jumped on the wall and hit the garage door
opener when she heard a bolt of thunder.

Luckily, my neighbor told the officers that she was not a "vicious" dog and
he was able to get her back into a free-standing inside run.  To my
surprise, there was not a ticket left on my door and the police have not
been back to warn me about a loose dog!  My stomach is still in knots,
however, and I am terrified of leaving this bitch alone again.  She IS an
escape artist in every way. I've had to put covers on all the runs or she
climbs over the top.  All latches have to be locked.  All crates have to be
locked.
This bitch is making me crazy!

Is there a garage door opener out there that cannot open from the inside if
it is locked?  My opener was locked but it still opens from the inside.  Any
suggestions that will help me maintain my sanity would be most welcome.

Pat
Castle Kennels, Ltd.
Where Shepherds of Distinction Reign
www.castlekennels.com