[ SHOWGSD-L ] Lure Coursing With The Big Dogs!!

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 08:32:13 -0500

I thought that the GSD folks might be interested in this. There were three GSDs
at the Coursing events this weekend and they were as awesome as any other big
dog - I think there was a White, a German bred b/t and an American bred b/t.
Another sport to do with your dog!!!

Here's a bit more info from our experience with the Dals:

The trials were put on by the Twin Cities Afghan Hound Club and they did
 an awesome job! Saturday provided some challenges. Weather was rather
cool, the lure motors kept over heating and for various reasons, the
course lines kept snapping. However, everyone kept their patience,
including the owners of the dogs running and it all turned out fine.

First
 up: Meribel (DCA BoW Ch. Paisley Night at the Opera, CGC. TDI). Meribel
 knew right away this was a sport meant for her... Her singing,
screaming and barking would be a dead give away. I had all I could do to
 keep her contained until those magic words "TALLY HO"! She ran a
beautiful run although she did cheat on a corner (we saw the Dobes do
that too). She passed with flying colors. She also passed on Sunday with
 Don running her and I think she ran even FASTER on Sunday - the Afghan
Club members certainly thought so. Meribel just turned 14 months.

Next:
 Argus (Mutliple BIS/DCA BoB GCh. Paisley NspirD By Broadway ROMX)...
Although, pretty critter oriented, mom has spent the last 7 years of his
 life calling him off critters, so I ran him and it took him a moment to
 get excited, but when the lure took off, so did he and he learned that
he loved this sport... Ran a perfectly clean course and even got through
 the area with the llama poop (and lots of dogs couldn't get through
there). He passed on Saturday.. Sunday, he was singing and screaming to
get out on the course and was absolutely ready to run and passed again
at the age of 7 years old.

Finally: 9 year old Josie took the
course (Ch. Hapi-Dal Paisley Preference) with her BFF Sue (not mom),
running her on Saturday. Like Meribel, this sport was made for Josie.
She enjoyed it so much, she barked on the entire course, both days! On
Sunday, mom ran her and again she passed with flying colors.

Also passing on Sunday was Josie's son Tate...

What
 a sport! Honestly, I have never had so much fun watching the dogs run..
 And not just the Dals, but all breeds from Saint Bernards and German
Shepherds, down to
Miniature Poodles, Boston Terriers and Dachshunds.

I do think,
and I might be partial, that the crowd favorites were the Dals - even
the course judge, who had been sitting in a lawn chair most of the day,
stood up when she saw Meribel come off the line... I know she was also
standing up for Josie and Argus.

If you get a chance, please go watch Meribel's YouTube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W9cxdJnw7E&feature=youtu.be

By the time you are done watching, you will want to run your dogs too.

So the tally for the weekend: 3 Paisley owned dogs, 6 legs - all the legs we
could get - we have to wait until spring now :(

Tate also received a leg and I think he learned how to run. His housemate,
Nena, had better things to do then chase a lure.....

TALLY HO!!! Bring on springtime!!!l

Jessica MacMillan

No Frills Dog Bathing Service & Design
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
* Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC, the Shepherd Girl
* Ch. Meribel, CGC. TDI, the Dalmatian Girl
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC
Manager of: The Dalmatian Stud Dog List on Facebook
The German Shepherd Stud Dog List on Facebook