[ SHOWGSD-L ] Loyall dog food by Nutrena???

  • From: cheradongsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 14:15:44 -0400

Hi all,
I am at work so without going into lengthly detail, I have been using Diamond
Lamb & rice for about 8 years.  for the past several months my dogs have been
itching--more & more-I DO NOT HAVE FLEAS--and I have decided it has to be the
dog food??  Something they are eating.  I do feed raw and cooked meat, and raw
veggies (mostly carrots), and they all get fish oil, Vit B complex, and vit C.
the itching is getting worse and much as I dont want to, I have decided to
change their food.  A pet store owner/groomer friend of mine suggested "Loyall"
by Nutrena.  I am paying $29.99/40# bag of Diamond for years--b ut my supplier
gives me a $5.00 discount on each bag-so it costs me $24.99 per 40# bag.  I can
afford that.  Much as I would like to use something more expensive, I really
can not do that-so I thought I would try the Loyall.The price is almost the
same as what I have been paying for the Diamond so I can afford to feed it-my
question is--are any of you familiar with this dog food??  I never heard of it
before until the other day when I bought a bag.  It is supposed to be
formulated for dogs with "skin sensitivities"--and seems to be good ingredients.

I am thinking that maybe Diamond has changed their formula or something-my dogs
have been on this for all or most of their lives-I am going crazy trying to
figure out what to feed that I can afford.  I REFUSE to use a corn based
food-they are not cows-they are dogs and CORN IS FOR COWS.  So................
any thoughts on this problem?

Cheri Hunt
Cheradon Shepherds   http://www.cheradonshepherds.com/index.html
Home of Ch. Cheradon AchtungErynbrook Molokai, TC, OFA H&E, PA,TH,CA, Eyes
Cert. and Certificate of Health Merit Excellent from the GSDCA (aka Ch. Mikey)