[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Long Coat vs Dry Coat

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <grnram415@xxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 15:00:07 -0500

Exciting -- brings back so many memories it's great folks.  One of the many
reasons I thought it would be good to have another breed
was - close, short coat, easy to prepare for the ring -- wrong -- My English
Pointers had to be sure no dewclaws, face whiskers had
to be clipped (stupid, but that was it)!  Parts of that short short coat had
to be trimmed -- really now!  We used to be so glad with our
wonderful "natural" GSDs that we had a joke of -- ah, just throw them into
the shampoo bowl, run them around to dry and yipeee ---
in comparison with other breed preparations ours is definitely easy.  Look
at all the - oh what do they call that Terrier stuff - oh, stripping
and all.  Dry -- that is a new one on me, now I think maybe not glossy as in
if they have worms or some such the coat looks blaah.  Wow,
as Laura, and earlier, Paulette mentioned, we know our stuff.  Remember my
history teacher - "The only unchanging thing is change itself"!
I just had eye surgery yesterday, cataract and the entire world is much more
clear now!!  Have a good one, I am because of you Listers!
I HAVE gone thru many many trails of working etc. with my GSDs and always
knew that their "proper coats" did protect them - maybe
not me, as in extra work pulling briers etc., but I loved them better than
any other, but thatsa me.   Norma no L