[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Long Coat DNA

  • From: "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'showgsd-l'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 14:30:22 -0700

I was given two names:

VetGen - Veterinary Genetic Services -- www.vetgen.com

VetDNA (division of DDC)
http://www.vetdnacenter.com/canine-long-hair-test.html

I chose VetGen because their test is $50 base and free shipping with regular
mail, or only $5.00 for priority mail.  The VetDNA site has a base fee of
$58.00

Both use cheek swab tests, so it sounds pretty easy.

I'm fairly certain the dog I'm testing will carry the gene based upon how
his pedigree reads, but he hasn't produced any so far and I figured why not
find out for sure since it's something we can know ahead of time.

Kathaleen