[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Lloyd Brackett Award Qualifications

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 15:30:22 EST

The requirements are 15 American Champions and 10 of those have to  have a
second title such as AOE, FV, MV, GV,GVX,Select. R.O.M etc.I am going by memory

right now as I am on vacation and in NY City.
Anyone can nominate someone for it  if they qualify.  You send your
nomination to the Chairman( i have been told this year it is Gary S),  I was
the
Chairman last year and had 4 nominations.  I sent  all of them a not that they
were
nominated with the form to complete with their dogs and titles listed.  Two
contacted me immedaitely and let me know they did not qualify. Joan sent hers
in
immediately and  she qualified.  The 5th person nominated requested the forms
from me 3 times.  I finally got a list printed from her website with no
mention of whether the dogs were Am Or  Canadian titles.  The form I sent to
her
had been altered.  The form states the deadline to submit is June 1.  When I
got
the  form back  with her list with the  date printed late the "1" had been
deleted and her  form only stated the deadline as June,  period no date.  I did
not consider her for two reason the altered form (dishonesty) and list did
not  specify which dogs were American titles.
I have all the material she submitted with the dates printed  on them.
Joan was proposed to the board along with a complete list of her titled
animals. As I recall she received 100% of boards vote to be awarded the Lloyd
Brackett award.
Hope this helps and if you have someone who qualifies then please do give
their name to the chairman.
It is not an easy award to qualify for and not many have received it.
Lee Brown