[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: List Help Please

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eromagnolo@xxxxxxx, thelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:25:10 -0800 (PST)

If your vet uses Isorflur your boy will very likely be just fine.  I have used
it on my dogs at all ages with no problem.  I had a Rottie who at just shy of
10 was put under for xray and we found more than we bargined for.  She had
ligament damage as I suspected, but it turned out she also had cancer in bone
and lungs.  By the time I got to the office to find out she was in her last 2
weeks she was already awake and saw me.  If she had still be out of it, she
would never have come home.  As it was, with the cancer in a hock joint, she
came home for one night and was put to sleep the next morning.  I did that
rather than wait for her to break her brittle bones and make things worse for
her.

  My point is that while she was in great distress, she still handled the
Isoflur just fine.  Go ahead and check with your vet, if that is what he/she
uses, do the xray now and find out what's going on.  You need enough
information to make the right decision for you boy.
  Sheila
eromagnolo@xxxxxxx wrote:
  I have a 10 year old large coat. In the last few weeks he seems to be losing
control of his hindquarters. His legs are ok it seems to be in his spine. My
vet who I like wants to e-x ray but insists on sedating him. I don't have a lot
of options here. I'm worried about him being 10 years old. Should I look for
another vet for x-rays.

eileen
k-bee

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

Sheila of Miami
Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training

Yahoo! Mail