[ SHOWGSD-L ] Lew and the WDA, statement.

  • From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 14:18:48 -0700

<<<<<<-- DIRECTLY  FROM LEW BUNCH:
There is no way I would run for President of  the WDA, I am not qualified,
have not trained a dog to a SchH  Title and I think anyone who serves as WDA
President or for that  matter even on the Board should have trained a dog to
SchH  Title.> end quote>>>
Without getting mired in the grist of the rumor mill here, lol,  I do want
to say I applaud Lew for this statement.
I believe that is "dead nuts on" that a Prez for the WORKING DOG ASSOCIATION
and with their commitment to
preserving "ring sport" (SchH) in this country that a minimum qualification
would be having at least
exhibited a dog to a SchH 1 if not trained it oneself (which goes, often
hand-in-hand)
What good is a President of a club (any club) that has had NO hands on
practical work and success with the
group which he/she wishes to oversee?  Wouldn't common sense dictate
that????  Why would ANYONE want a position
such as prez for any group, without having some SERIOUS expertise and
history, or current involvement in same and success?
JMO
Kathy Tank

http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
Ch. Elvaston's Nations Cup, TC, OFA