[ SHOWGSD-L ] Lesson Learned - No Politics Involved

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 19:20:25 -0400

I was in a really rotten mood a couple hours ago...  A friend called and our in
residence trouble maker, an 8 month old puppy boy (who I swear doesn't have a
single functional brain cell in his head), was making a lot of noise so I let
him out on the patio.  Big mistake!  When I went to let him back in a few
minutes later, I found the patio covered in pieces of cardboard.
Not his fault...  My loving husband, who I adore (most of the time), had left a
crate box on the patio in reach of the puppy from h%@#.  Of course, the pup
shredded the thing!  Just yesterday, I had told my husband, "Do NOT leave the
box on the patio."  I asked him sweetly to please break down the thing and put
it in the recycling bin.  That's all I asked of him during his 3 days off.

Anyhow, I'm pretty PO'd about the whole thing because I have to clean up the
mess in the 100 degree heat.  (I don't do heat well.)  As I'm sweeping up the
tiny cardboard pieces, something grabbed the broom right out of my hand.  It
was our sweet little princess, "Miss Ella."  Ella and I proceeded to play "keep
away" with the broom until she nabbed the thing and trotted off with her head
held high.  Victorious at last!  I laughed until I cried.

Some of you may remember that Ella is totally blind and has terminal cancer
that has metastasized to her lungs.  According to the Oncologists, she's not
supposed to be here.  Yet, here she is -- living life to the fullest as best
she can.  Ella takes "carpe diem" to a whole new level.  After watching this
precious girl have the time of her life with a broom, I was no longer angry.

Today, Ella taught me a lesson about "not sweating the small stuff."
Sometimes, I feel like I don't deserve these dogs...

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam