[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Last show ~problems?

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "The List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 21:44:28 -0700

WOW!!    I honestly did not know that they had DNA markers for bloat or torsion
now??
Are you saying they now know  the 'carriers'  even from the past on a pedigree?
How long have they been able to test to know a dog is a carrier?
Where is this being done??
Do they know if the inheritance factor is the same in GSD as it is in Great
Danes
with DNA testing?
Is bloat in the Dane Breed affecting their entries........or just OUR Breed??
If Labs and Goldens or St. Bernards have a greater incidence of hip dysplasia
tnan our GSD .....why is their entry still "up there"  and not being affected?

Aren't we down on the list for this at about 43 or47?

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com