[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Kudo's for Houston Specialty Refunds and Rescheduling

  • From: Alton BOOTY <sunvistagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick@xxxxxxxxx, bruiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:11:35 -0700 (PDT)

Peggy, the Houston club could refund all of the entry fees because these
Specialty shows did not cost us a cent for anything. I got a dog food company
to pay for everything we needed to put on our shows. They were even going to
cater a dinner for everyone at the show & present a program on Sat night. Air
fares, ribbons, trophies,etc. everything was paid by them.  I know the AKC rule
says if you cancel a show, you do not have to refund the entry money but we
felt that since everything was donated to us & this co. has already told me
they would pay our expenses for our Dec. shows, we couldn't possibly keep the
exhibitors entry fee for the Sept. shows.  That just wouldn't be fair.  Our
shows are rescheduled for Dec.3rd & 4th so everyone come on down, bring your
dogs & we'll have lots of fun.  The hurricane season ends in Nov. so maybe
we'll be safe.

Dolly Booty
Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Gee, I wonder where the club members who have ALREADY been hit by
Katrina would have found the time to refund anybody's money? As for
Onofrio, I believe the organization has made a large donation to
rescue...as has Moss Bow.
Also it is not usual (and shouldn't be expected) for a show
superintendent to return entry money when a show is cancelled...
doing so is nice, but expenses (ribbons and printing of catalogs, etc)
are incurred before the show dates, not to mention the printing of
acknowledgements and mailing them out...so everyone lost here, not just
the people who entered, but the clubs as well. If anything, the clubs
need to be reimbursed, so that they have the funds to put on another
show...but again, the members of the shows in Monroe have been busy
working with evacuees and rescue dogs. Taking them to task for not
sending you back your entry money, especially in a public forum, doesn't
seem quite right to me. It's one thing to thank the specialty club that
did refund your entries...but badmouthing the other clubs is going a bit
too far, I think.
Peggy

Robert George wrote:

>I'd just like to say that I think this is great of the club to refund
>the entries and to actually reschedule later in the year.
>
>I had entries at the shows in Monroe and there were no refunds, nor any
>rescheduling as far as I know.

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original