[ SHOWGSD-L ] Kudos!

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 10:31:57 EDT

Boy I remember that whole deal.  You and your family did a super job  w/
the eleven puppies.  It's something we all need to be prepared to do  every
time we contemplate a breeding....a great big kudos to you for getting it
done.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 5/25/2011 10:23:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I almost  forgot to mention about being with her around the clock.  I could
not  leave puppies with her for almost 48 hours, and someone had to hold
her down  to nurse every three to four hours then pups were taken away placed
on a  heating pad in a small box with a cover (like an incubator).  She
wanted  nothing to do with them, and growled at them initially, so she was
muzzled  when pups were with her. I was extra careful since a friend had this
happen,  and their bitch ended up killing pups in a quick second so I would not
take  the chance of leaving her, or letting her with the pups until you are
positive  her hormones kicked in. Once her hormones kicked in, she was a
very good  mom.

Ann Marie
www.amarigsd.com