[ SHOWGSD-L ] Kicking up in the rear

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 18:22:19 -0500

Hi everyone:  I just got the 7 DVD's in that Bob took, and it'll take
forever to look at them all, but I'm enjoying watching a lot of the dogs
that I didn't get to see and also taking a second look at those that I
did get to watch.  Seeing everything in slow motion really shows you
some things that you don't see when they are charging around the ring.
One dog, who had everything else going for him, was obviously kicking up
in the rear, in fact it almost looked like the motion of when one rides
a bicycle.  It was as if he was riding a bicycle in the rear.  His
hindquarter didn't quite follow through.....it was like it was going
around in a circle like motion rather than a smooth flowing follow
through.   His hind foot would come up higher off the ground.  Is it
because he didnt' have enough length of upper or lower thigh in the rear
to compensate for his nice front?  His front was fine.  What makes a dog
kick up in the rear?  I'm looking for a little education, now that I can
see things so much more clearly in slow motion.  Thanks for sharing your
knowledge.  Barbara Galasso