[ SHOWGSD-L ] Kern Co. Animal Control - ALERT!!!

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 19:45:00 EST

 Kern Co. Animal Control Commission will meet on Wed., Dec. 20 at 6 PM at the
county office building complex at 2700 "M" St., Bakersfield.  As you go in
the main door, there is a breezeway before you go thru another main door, to
the left as you enter the breezeway is the meeting room....
This meeting is to tighten up the final draft of a mandatory S/N ordinance
to send to the Board of Supervisors for their next meeting.
I am told that just a few people in the Bakersfield Obed. Training Club are
doing anything about fighting adverse dog legislation.  Kern Co. KC can't be
bothered.  AKC has sent info packets to all the county supervisors. We are
to meet just outside the meeting room at 5:30 PM to figure out who will say
what.  Each person is only allowed 2 minutes to speak.
We NEED bodies!!!  As many as possible!!  If you want to keep going with
your hobby, and don't want your 14th amendment rights to enjoy your private
property destroyed, then you must help fight this ordinance.   The argument
that it's unenforceable will not hold water.  With each tiny increment, the
AR wackos get more of their foot in the door until in a shorter time span
than you can imagine, it will be illegal to own or use animals for any
reason.
And if you also have horses, they are also considering "standards" and
"limits" on how many hoofed animals you can have on your property and how
you must keep them.....
Politicians eat at the public trough at our discretion as noted by our votes
at the polls.  WE PAY THEIR SALARIES!!!  They need to listen to us and not
just a small minority of - albeit very vocal and dedicated - fanatics....
Please RSVP and let me know if you can make this meeting....I believe it's
slated for this time of year precisely because all of us are busy with
family and dogs, and the AR wackos have no other life than to make ours
miserable....
Judy Coffman
Director - California Federation of Dog Clubs
grayfire@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
UPDATED 2/11/06....CHECK IT OUT!!!!
www.FairhopeGSD.com