[ SHOWGSD-L ] Kansas Rabies Law Information

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 17:48:07 EST

From another list:
Begin forwarded message:

FWD from Kris Christine: KANSAS RABIES LAW--Action Alert!!!

Mon Marâ? 3,â? 2008 3:52â? am (PST)
* * * * * * * *Begin Forward* * * * * * * *

Friday evening (2/29), a Wichita reporter called and interviewed me for an
hour about the canine rabies vaccine. Apparently, there is an unorganized
effort in Kansas to change the rabies immunization law for dogs from an
annual
to a triennial protocol. A number of veterinarians are in favor of the change

as are dog owners. The obstacle appears to be Kay Johnson, Director of
Environmental Services, which oversees Animal Services.

If you are a Kansas dog owner would like to see Kansas adopt the national
standard of a triennial rabies vaccination protocol for dogs, now is the time

to act. You can contact Kay Johnson at _KJohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:KJohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx) Phone (316) 268-8351 Fax: (316) 268-8356
Environmental
Services1900 E. 9th St. N. Wichita, KS 67214. Kansas Legislators can be
contacted by clicking on the link below or by copying and pasting the e-mails
at the
bottom of this post.

I am happy to share my rabies vaccine materials and will assist in this
effort if it gets off the ground.

A quote from the Wichita Environmental Services website: "Rabies in dogs is
rare. ....In 1992, the first dog in 22 years was diagnosed with rabies."
_http://www.wichita.gov/CityOffices/Environmental/AnimalServices/rabies.htm_
(http://www.wichita.gov/CityOffices/Environmental/AnimalServices/rabies.htm)

Regards, Kris L. Christine
Founder, Co-Trustee
The Rabies Challenge Fund
_http://www.RabiesChallengeFund.org_(http://www.rabieschallengefund.org/)

PERMISSION GRANTED TO CROSS-POST THIS MESSAGE

Kansas Legislature -- find your legislator
_http://www.kslegislature.org/legsrv-legisportal/redistricting.do_
(http://www.kslegislature.org/legsrv-legisportal/redistricting.do)

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money &
Finance.
      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)