[ SHOWGSD-L ] KIDS are great!! OT

  • From: Penny & Bill <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 07:41:49 -0400

I had to share something with you that happened at school.  On Tuesday
I had $400 stolen from my pocketbook, money that I took that day to
pay my mechanic for work done on Billy's car.  My students (seniors
and sophomores) were outraged that someone "disrespected me."  (I
would use betrayal.)  About 15 of my senior boys from one of my
"Sports in Literature" classes, took it upon themselves to discover
the culprit.  THEY gave the police the name and when grilled, the
student fessed up and was arrested.  Petit larceny.  The kids want
retribution--I want it to go away.  I spent a few minutes in each of
my 5 classes telling the kids that I don't want them to do anything to
this kid.  One kid wants to "punch his teeth in," another wants to "re-
arrange his face" and still another wants to "take care of him."
Former students of mine have approached me in the hallway telling me,
"Say the word, Ms Kroh, just say the word."  The implication is
clear.  I am a non-violent person, but I definitely feel the love.
Penny in NY