[ SHOWGSD-L ] Judgeing the dog on the day

  • From: Randy Hamm <gsd4meee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 01:01:28 -0700 (PDT)

Yes Jim I'm sure all judges know this.   But I can guarrentee you that all
judges try to treat everyone with respect. Unfotunitly it dosn't work both
ways. It takes allot to be a judge and blow off the little coments that are
said about you just loud enough so you can here them. I have never in almost 30
years in the sport heard a judge do this to some one to try to make them feel
stupid.
You Said (The names of the vast majority of
judges who have earned respect should be known by all.) Are you going to make
a list so they can be known by all. Heck no one can even agree on an
illistrated standard let alone a list of what judges are honest or not. Every
judge has earned my respect just by becoming a judge. Sure there are some
judges that I wouldn't enter under. If you feel that there is a dishonest judge
than just don't enter under them it's that easy. But to make a list for all to
see in my opinion is crazy. I would be willing to bet there are more people
fixing animals in one way or the other maybe a tooth a tail or trimming than
there are corrupt judges. We can only judge what we have on the day and how it
shows. We all wish we could make everyone happy but we can't. Sorry

Randy Hamm
President GSDCO
One of the homes of
7 time BIS winner
CH VONHAMM BEDKAR LEATHER AND LACE (STEVIE)
And BISS winner
CH VONHAMM BEDKAR SHE'S ALL MINE (MINE)

Every exhibitor must
be met equally.  There can be no corruption of this sacred duty.  If
ever a duty demanded absolute integrity this is it.  A judge must
never be seduced by the powerful call of celebrity and power.   A club
has no greater job than to have a transparent process of choosing
judges by an informed membership.   The names of the vast majority of
judges who have earned respect should be known by all.  Avoid those
with even a hint of controversy.  Jim