[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Judge the dogs (was Re: Breeder's Showcase/ maybe...)

  • From: "TRAFALGAR" <TRAFALGARgsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 00:18:21 -0400

AMEN ! AMEN ! AMEN ! to all your points....

In my humble opinion..

Mike

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest
From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 20:56:12 EDT
Subject: Judge the dogs (was Re: Breeder's Showcase/ maybe...)

On that note..........let me throw a different spin on this
one...........how many times have you seen the people on ringside going out
of  their way to
make sure the judge notices them and what dog they are  doubling?  I find
this
hilarious.

As a judge, the responsibility is huge.  As an honest judge, the job  is
easy, you are only judging the dogs.

When the judge has the back bone to put up the best dog, with a unknown
handler, just based on the facts that the winners are the dogs closest to
the
standard........then......you will hear........the judge doesn't know
anything.
Cant win.

So, the trick (I've found) is to do your homework and keep taking your dogs

to the judges that judge the dogs..........whether is the National, a
regular
show, a futurity, a show case or a match.

JMO

Ileana