[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Joan Fox Candidacy

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 18:35:01 EDT

I am thankful to  hear that its been cleared up that Joan is running for a
director's  position on the GSDCA.   In the spirit of making sure that we have
some continuity to our Board,  Joan would be wise choice(among others  also)
given her prior experience on the Board, her knowledge of the Breed  and her
intentions to serve the membership. IMHO she has exhibited the  following:

a. Excellent Job  as National Show Site Chair- She did extensive research on
many sites in what is  becoming an increasingly difficult situation with
costs, restrictive travel  policies etc. Her experience here is invaluable. I
know
some members of her Show  site committee and their input to me was that Joan
was very thorough, asked for  input and was very communicative. This shows to
me she is a participative leader  rather than a dictator.

b. She has always  tried to be highly communicative to the membership and we
know that was  challenge given the culture set forth by the Current Board
leadership.

c. As the National  Judge a few years ago, her thoughtful procedure, that was
a departure from the  norm, was a testament to her knowledge as to what are
important characteristics  of our Breed and demonstrated to me a person who
thinks before she acts, a  definite asset to have if you are to be an effective
Board  Member.

Good Luck Joan!!!  And for  those who care, yes, you have my vote. <G>.

Ileana