[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: It makes us stronger

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: inquestgsd@xxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 07:12:21 -0400 (EDT)

I think this is a biggie.  Power came on last night here and I am one  of
the few, I may be jaded but I think it has something to do w/ the firehouse a
 block away to be used as a polling station...anyway, with the power the
cable  came back on and it was my first real look at the devastation.  This
isn't  a few blocks on the beach or a mile where a tornado touched down,
horrific as  those things may be.  This is on a grand scale.  I am horrified
that
2  major hospitals had to be evacuated (NYU the first night, Bellevue
yesterday)  because generators failed....ummmmm, can I just note that this is
in
a city that  is a major terrorist target...and the GENERATORS FAILED???? And
should it really  take THIS long to turn the gas off????  The gas still
isn't off in some  shore towns!

No gas to be had to run generators, no food, no heat for millions. Towns
and major municipalities under water, Manhattan...well...this is a biggie.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 10/31/2012 8:15:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
inquestgsd@xxxxxxx writes:

Yup, we  had a contractor come today to get started on the repairs. We lost
trees last  year with Irene, the rest this week with Sandy, now we won't
worry next year.

Coming from the Caribbean, where we get storms and hurricanes every  year,
you learn to just roll with it.

Earthquakes were no biggie  compare to hurricane winds and tsunamis.

On to winter. My least  favorite season.

Ileana

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 31,  2012, at 7:52 PM, ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:

> What amazes me about this,  is those in the area have storms all the
time.
> When I was in  Michigan we got used to tornado warnings, often had snow
> storms   that crushed roofs, and had rain that was in torrents.
>
> In  California we ignore earth quakes, and just go on with whatever we
were
> doing.  Maybe we replace a window, or throw out that vase that  aunt
Bertha
> gave us and is now broken, and we didn't know how  to get rid of it.
>
> We seem to find a way to survive it all,  and even laugh at some of it.
> Thankfully most survived it, and  now life goes on.
>
> I saw one report where someone was standing  on the shore, with the sun
out
> and the ocean calm.
>
> Just another day.
>
> Evan L.  Ginsburg
>  gsyrfund.com
> Asgard German  Shepherds
>  _http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
> Where  Type  Movement and Temperament come  together
>
> In a message dated 10/31/12 9:40:08 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> The dogs  are  outside by candlelight at night - they think we are
>  weird

>  POST is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the
original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS of
any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author AND
of  the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

> Each Author  is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group
and its  administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions
expressed in  any post.

> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING,  REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L  WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST  MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF  THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE
PROSECUTED.

> For assistance, please  contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org
> NATIONAL BLOG -  http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/

POST  is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.