[ SHOWGSD-L ] It is what you get out of it

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 23:07:00 EST

In a message dated 11/21/2005 9:11:13 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
TCYPRESS@xxxxxxx writes:
also.this was a very boring
and disappointing natl for someone  first time out..

I have never judged the national by how they judge the dogs. The dog  judging
is how we keep score, the national is a happening, and an event. It is a
chance to see something like Dallas' stud dog class, to see Tami in the middle
of cancer treatment, dragging herself out of bed to show off Mephisto. It is a
chance to see someone like Fran Fold healing from his burns, and Joan looking
 like she did years ago. It is a chance to learn some new jokes from Bob
Dresher,  and watch Twyla grin from ear to ear as her champion showed off in
the
ring.

It was a chance to see Flower Boy again, and to see the Frasano's who I  only
get to see one time a year or so. A time to talk to Ginnie, and to find out
how the world was doing for Erin, and watch Nancy in control.  I got to see
Barbara Amidon, and to talk to her daughter, one of my favorite people.  I
talked to Leslie, Donna, Liana, Jerry and Kent.

Next year I have been promised Helen Fisher will be there, and I plan to
talk to her for a while.  I even got to say hello to Ed Barritt and Teddy
Bechhart. How great is that?  I talked to Gary S, and Lew and I exchanged  our
annual hugs.

I got to go into the ring and feel the wind in my face as I ran, and felt  30
again.  I felt the grass under my feet, the sound of my friends laughing  at
me, and a hug from my wife when I got out without falling.

It was a chance to see Tom McPheron after his surgery standing tall,  and Bob
Freeny not back into anyone again.  It was a time to see some great  puppies,
talk to Tom Castrioto if only for a minute, and to find out how so many
other friends were doing for the last year.

I also watched the judging, but that was just a small part of the national
for me.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together