[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Is this a scam?

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tmnelson0555@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 14:43:17 -0400

This is a very old, well known scam that originated in Nigeria.

The scammer sends the seller a money order in excess of the amount to be
paid for the dog.  The seller is then asked to send the scammer the excess
amount in cash.  By the time the seller's bank has discovered the money
order is bogus, the scammer is long gone with cash in hand, and the seller's
bank account must cover the amount of the worthless money order.

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Allemande German Shepherd Dogs
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam