[ SHOWGSD-L ] I'm a girl, don't ask me how I am!!!

  • From: Kate Syssoloff <rockannand@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 13:49:51 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

When I'm walking into a clinic with a dog in a stretcher, don't ask me how I
am???  I can keep it together to give the Vet really good details about my
dog, but please don't ask me about me....  I'm a girl... and it's not easy
being a girl and especially an older girl.... we are so emotional!!!.

Up all night whelping a litter and up all night comforting Tiger's sister,
Ivana as her breathing rattles and she is terribly ill.  I am sleeping down
stairs in the whelping /theater room with all my geriatric dogs and have
been there for a couple of weeks.

I'm home now with her......  2 litres of SQ fluids in her.  She's already
started her Clavamox (she's got a temperature) and pain meds.  She's got
chronic problems ...  either bladder infections that go away with meds or
diarrhoea that goes away with meds.  It's either one every 2 or 3 months...
 When is it HER time, is she suffering?  Do I hook her up away from home,
poke her for blood tests....    No....experience tells me it's just
palliative care now only...  try to make her comfortable and with luck....
just maybe she's got more time.

Ivana whelped Aug 9th 1993 and has been a fighter all her life.  I'll do
whatever she tells me...  today, she's still fighting.

Now, time to kiss some puppies...  and wash my face.

Kate Syssoloff
Rockannand GSDS
http://members.shaw.ca/rockannand