[ SHOWGSD-L ] If your dog could talk....

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 10:13:42 -0500

..........what would he/she say about you?

I own three dogs (all bitches - mother and her two daughters).........We
are spoiled rotten, especially the mother dog who is also the house
dog.  Owner needs to brush up on her patience level to give the house
dog 100% attention and affection rather than the 80% she gives now.  The
two outside/inside dogs want to be in 100% of the time rather than the
40% of the time even if they do jump up on all the counters, tables,
chairs, and on owner, etc.  Owner needs to learn how to adjust.  As far
as food is concerned, owner gets a 100 on this.  We are fed an all
natural diet with Vibrant Pets supplement.  Oh yeah, she does give us
lots of treats!  As far as our bedding is concerned, the house dog
sleeps on the rugs in the house.  The daughters sleep in their crates.
Owner needs to be willing to share her bed with us.  Investing in a king
size bed is highly recommended.  Quality time......all three of us get
to go for rides in the car.....one at a time.  Owner says that's all she
can handle.  The same goes for walks.  We go one at a time.  Owner tried
taking the two sisters for a walk in the park at the same time.  She has
since readjusted her thoughts on that one.  It's not our fault that we
got tangled up in each others leashes.  Hey, we like to play!  Dog shows
- do you really think that we are having fun at dog shows?  Our
breakfast is withheld from us and sometimes our evening meal the night
before as well. When we get to the show grounds, we are sprayed down
with cold water from that hose laying on the ground.  We're thrown up on
a table, strung up and forced to be blown dried, sprayed and
brushed....like it or not.  Then we are given to some stranger and we
both run around a ring like two fools while I'm chasing you who's
running outside the ring with that funny sounding whistle that you
blow.  I never do get to you, because every time I lunge to get out of
the ring, this crazy person on the end of my leash pulls me back in.  So
what are you calling me for, if you don't want me with you???  Make up
your mind already!  Then I have another crazy person, grabbing my mouth,
opening it and then grabbing my privates.  And I'm supposed to be happy
about this?  Then after running around in a circle some more, we take a
picture and I'm released to you.  You're all excited to see me, and all
I can think about is getting back to the car.  Sorry, you had your
chance while I was in the ring trying to get to you.  Dog shows?  You're
doing this for your ego - not mine.   My ego is just fine thank you very
much.  Remember I was born a German Shepherd.  Speaking of
which........My registered name......remember I am a noble, proud
breed.......please remember that when you register me with a name.  More
importantly, is my "call name."  If my registered name is Nobility's
Valiant Crusader, please don't call me Cru Cru (pronounced Crew Crew).
Geez!  OK then, lets see how my owner scores........we decide to give
her an 85 out of a possible 100 points.   Some points have been deducted
because of not allowing us in the bed, and taking us to those dumb dog
shows and (blush, blush) calling us those silly names which should only
be used for the toy breeds who are so co-dependent with their owners
anyway!  hehehe......

Barbara