[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: If you live in the south

  • From: "Bob Braue" <rbraue@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>, <skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:09:47 -0600

Its nice to know of the concern by fellow List Members.  I live in Memphis
and we did have tornados bouncing around our area.  Non of the GSDC of
Memphis members sustained damage, but neighborhoods are without power, large
warehouse complexes, and one shopping center were hit hard.  The entire
front wall of a Sears anchor store at the shopping center blew down and
rooftop AC units were strewn around the parking lots, damaging vehicles too.
An eyewitness in one hard-hit area said the tornado tore up street-side
curbs and threw them around like match sticks.

Yesterday afternoon temps were at 73 and during the night they have dropped
as cold front moved through.  Its in the 40's now.  Warning sirens wailed
continuously all around the city from 4PM until 10 PM after the danger had
subsided.

A couple dormitories in Jackson, TN about 70 miles east of here collapsed
and trapped some students, but no fatalities.

Thanks for your concerns.      Bob Braue