[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: IMPORTANT: NATIONAL RECOGNITION

  • From: "Michael & Linda Booker" <legatogsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Pdragon4@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:14:40 -0500

> We do want to recognizing  them at this year's
> National.  Sam Colvin and I handle the awards and  recognition part of the
show.

I can only speak for myself and Michael, so here goes...  Being recognized
is nice, but that is not really what it's about.  We are not doing anything
any differently than any of you would if you were in this situation.  We
foster dogs (and cats and people), we get supplies, we solicit donations, we
make phone calls (by the billion), we transport animals....we just do what
we can.  If you want to say thank you then donate to the local causes now
while the need is great.  And then later, you can come to our
shows.....wherever they may be.....and celebrate with us.

Michael and myself, Greg and Linda Eschette, Lee Brown, and Scott and
Margaret Trahan are all part of the same February weekend of GSDC of
Louisiana and GSDC of Baton Rouge.  Pat and Ruth Booker (my in-laws) and
Jeanne Marcovitz put on the Bayou KC shows which had to be cancelled this
year for the hurricane.  Next year I expect they will come back bigger and
better than ever.  I know that the New Orleans River West (I forget the
name) and associated shows were also cancelled last weekend.  Come see all
of us in '06.  We will be needing a good dog show by then.  ;->
Linda
Legato German Shepherds
*and the Sch3 IPO3  CD RN Mini-Mal Wonder Dog*