[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: IMPORTANT - Message from the GSDCA President Regarding ...

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: CagGra@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:01:30 EDT

In a message dated 9/24/2007 8:19:37 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
caggra@xxxxxxx writes:
I do not  believe that the AKC has the legal authority to advise, approve, or
direct the  GSDCA to bypass or ignore our by-laws.?

Jeff--in actuality,the AKC has complete authority over the GSDCA or  any
other Parent Club if and when the chose to do so. We exist at their  pleasure.
There  are some clubs like the Australian Shepherd,I believe that  do operate
with no connection the  AKC, but most Parent clubs and Regional  clubs are
under
AKC jurisdiction. That doesn't mean they tell will us to  ignore our By Laws
,that the approved. But if anyone can help us in this very  bad ballot
situation,they can,and will tell what is permissible. They've had  over a 100
years of
deciding problems,and that's what they are here for. . They  leave the
Parents clubs to take care of their own problems,most of the time,but  they are
there to help if we need them And I sure hope they can help us with  this one.
Between Ballots being returned,and different methods being issued on  how to
return them,and many Canadians still not receiving them,We need a new
election,with different colored ballots.

Helen Miller Fisher