[ SHOWGSD-L ] ILlinois... HSUS Dog Breeder License Bill and the Anit-crop/dock Bill

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:01:59 -0800

***********Permission to crosspost*************

IL HB 198 ("HSUS Dog Breeder License bill") willNOT be heard this week
according to our lobbyists. (Neither will the "new" version of SB 0053, also
the "HSUS Dog Breeder License" bill, nor SB 139, the anti-crop/dock bill, which
should be re-written.)

But this is still a good time to contact your Il linois Representatives on the
Illinois Business & Occupational Licenses Committee  (who will eventually be
hearing HB 198) to tell them "No." If you call, a simple: "Please vote NO on HB
198, Dog Breeder License bill" along with your name, hometown (or full address
if they request), and possibly phone is all that's needed. If you Fax, put
"Please vote NO on HB 198 - Dog Breeder License bill" in the subject and/or
first line, add a sentence or two why you feel this way, and close with a
"Thank you for voting NO on HB 198" along with your name, address, and phone.
That's it. Nothing could be easier. Telephoning each Representative on this
list with that message takes less than 15 minutes (I know, I've don it); faxing
a bit more time, but, hey! aren't your pets worth it to you??

If you're not sure exactly what to say, SAOVA has a list of "talking points"
for HB 198 that you could borrow from:

http://saova.org/news/Illinois/TALKINGPOINTS_HB0198.doc

Remember, our AR opponents have all been busy little bees calling, phoning,
faxing, and writing. So our job is to outdo them!  And be sure to pass this
message on to everyone you know who you believe will help us.

Below is a forwarded message from Elaine Kuipers on how to contact the specific
committee members in this committee to make your voices heard (Thanks, Elaine!)

Margo Milde
AKC Legislative Liaison & Legislative Committee Chair, Rand Park Dog Training
Club Inc.
AKC Legislative Liaison & Legislative Committee Chair, Agility Ability Club of
Illinois Inc.
AKC Legislative Liaison & Legislative Committee Chair, Field Spaniel Society of
America Inc.
Founding Member - Alliance of Chicagoland Pet Owners
Health Education Chair - Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club of America

--
Stormy Hope
carpoc.org