[ SHOWGSD-L ] I feel so sad!

  • From: "Giselda" <scotties@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:19:39 +0100

Hi all,
I was on my way to feed my horse this morning and I noticed the animal control
officer in our town out by the lake. I also saw a nice blonde dog.  Anyhow, I
kept on my way.  ON my return trip home, I saw him still, and I saw the dog
laying beside the busy main highway and I thought it had been hit by a car.  I
turned around, went to the pullout and talked to him and asked him if he was
looking for the dog, that is was down the road.  He said he had been trying to
catch it.  Someone else turned around and slowly chased the dog down to the
pullout.  I asked him if I could help.  He said you can try but it won't come
near anyone.  There was an old man walking his elderly dog by the washrooms at
the pullout.  I walked down to the golden dog laying beside the tree, I knelt
down and called it and it came running to me and was so happy and whinning .
It was a female golden retriever, in abslolute beautiful shape.  My feeling is
someone stopped there to have a break and maybe the dog wandered off or
something and it got left there, because I can't see anyone leaving such a
beautiful well kept dog.   I helped the animal control officer lift her into
the crate in the truck.  And he told me, they would hope the owner would
contact them.  If not, they will be putting her up for adoption.  I am goign to
talk to my friend who has an older golden and she may adopt her.  I hope things
work out for her because she was such a darling.  I feel so sad.
Giselda