[ SHOWGSD-L ] I am not that good

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 13:21:29 EST

In a message dated 12/30/04 4:47:35 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Peggygsd@xxxxxxx writes:
I don't  play handlers...never
did and never will.

When I judge I often don't know who won, and am surprised when I read the
catalog or when the pictures are being taken.

I remember on show where I put up a Junior handler, and never looked at the
dog, I was judging the handler.

When I did Breed I gave the Best of Breed to a beautiful bitch, and even  put
her over who was to become the Grand Victor that year. I never looked to see
who was the handler.

When I looked at the catalog, I had put up Debbie Kaser and Magic to Best
Junior Handler, then to Best of Breed.  I never looked at the handler when  I
was doing the breed.   And had not looked at the bitch when I had  judged the
handler.

I also lack the ability to know who the dog is. I know many judges remember
dogs or even puppies they have judged years ago. I never do. At times I am
told  I put up a dog or bitch I had put up before, and it is always a surprise
me.  Every now and then someone will let me know that I put up a puppy that
finished,  or that I put up again, and I am pleased it happens, but I can't
remember who I  put up, and I seldom recognize who an entry is.

It is often a surprise to me what I do, probably no more so than to those
who enter under me.

Evan
_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together