[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I agree...

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 01:32:33 -0400

I'm on several lists, some of long standing.  All of them come to this point
eventually, and most go on...some people split off and start lists of their
own (does that sound familiar?), but good lists with discussion, helpful
hints, arguments, even fights, continue.  When I first joined this list,
when it was pretty new, it was full of one-liners and snotty comments, most
of which were unsigned...and many were not even in complete sentences!!!  So
I left...and then came back after a couple of years to a list that I think
is vital, and like any big family, full of arguments, fights, insults, pats
on the back, shared information, bragging, fun, and all that those things
imply.  There are already half a dozen lists for the German Shepherd fancy,
and most of us have sampled at least a couple of them.  This list is the
best.  Not just the best German Shepherd list, but the best list.
    If people leave because they can't take the heat, well, there is that
old adage ending "get out of the kitchen."  This list embraces long-timers
with exquisite memories, middle-of-the-roaders with breed knowledge of
varying levels, beginners, juniors, handlers (altho most don't talk a lot,
ha ha), breeders, judges, performance, conformation, successful exhibitors,
just plain lovers of the breed,  and everything in between.  No other list
is like that...none.
  People on this list make friends, and enemies.  This list has more people
who are willing to help one another than any other list I know of...I've
even asked people on this list to help relatives of people in other
breeds...and they did it!  (Remember, Amy?)
    I don't see a reason for divorce just because of a really big fight...I
bet if we stick around and behave a bit, this list will go on being the best
one on the web.
Peggy