[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: I DON'T UNDERSTAND

  • From: Barbara <luvpuppy2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 22:21:15 -0700

Carolyn you are so right.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 3, 2015, at 9:03 PM, Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Actually Helen if you look around and see how many of us are missing at most
shows it's
pretty easy to figure out. I think we are "preaching to the Choir".....as
the problem is
actually all of us! None of us are that actively breeding and showing
anymore...and there
is almost no new faces in the crowd.....and when you look around.... LOTS of
gray hair.<G>
Just think...you mentioned the "elderly driving to a show". Think about
the elderly driving
a long ways with a couple of dogs to bathe, train, groom and double and care
for at the shows.
Lots of reasons also besides just age...Vet prices have tripled, gas prices,
Motels, handling
fees...equipment...stud fees....airline prices and availability for
dogs....nothing is going down
in prices and even home Insurance is changing if you have dogs...not to
mention bad
Legislation. Nothing is 'user friendly' for breeders and exhibitors.......

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

On Behalf Of Helen Franklin Subject: I DON'T UNDERSTAND

How can we have the very best breed of dog and yet be absolutely drowning.
How can our magnificent breed that excels in so many area's have
breeder/owners that are allowing our conformation dogs to decline in the show
ring. We, who have the stars of the canine world, the war dogs, the dogs for
the blind, the police dogs, the family dogs, the working dogs, the farm dogs,
the BEST dogs, the intelligent dogs, the MOST BEAUTIFUL dogs....and WE, YOU
AND ME, are failing our dogs!
We, you and me, are not able to present them at the dog shows because so few
are there. WHY? Why are so few at our Specialty Shows? Why are our
dedicated breeders having so much trouble? This is a three alarm!!! This is
take a look at what is happening. Our specialties should have entries of 50
or more like it did not so long ago. Wake up my friends. I BEG OF YOU.
Helen Franklin
When Shows were over 100 entries....not that long ago