[ SHOWGSD-L ] Hunte..Hunt...Hurt...Humor

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:53:56 EST

In a message dated 3/23/06 10:18:07 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I am not  a supporter of commercial operations but I surely wouldn't mind
their  assistance in ridding ARO's from Da Planet.

And, there is the paradox.  If we complain about those who want to  stop us
from breeding, where is the line?  Is it two litters a year, 20,  50, or one.
Is the person who has 30 adult male shepherds at his or her home,  one of us,
an enemy or a blight on the breed, or just another breeder?

Many of our friends and our club members have 30 or more adult dogs at any
time.  Is this wrong?  If someone finds a way to enjoy our sport, and  also
makes money at it, do we condemn them, just because we don't?

I am too much of a liberal to say someone who breeds more dogs than I do,  is
somehow evil.  I don't condone cruelty to any animals, even human types.  I
hate anyone who mistreats a dog, a child or another adult. I am not that sure
about cock roaches.  But, just because someone finds a way to live off of
dogs, it does not in and of itself make them an enemy of mine.

I do not like anyone who just sees one thing, to the exclusion of all
others.  We should be allowed to enjoy our sport, and others to enjoy  theirs.
ARO's
don't want us to hold our beliefs, and yet we have to accept their  rights to
believe what they want.

In that is the weakness of our position, but the strength of a true
democracy.

Evan  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/