[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hunte Ad Here is the link

  • From: Louise Cauthen <cauthenl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 07:44:50 -0700 (PDT)

And to make it worse, Hunte Corp. was also selling some of those "Kennel"
facilities and did you see all the "auctions" for "breeders" and the ads for
"old enough to breed" and what the heck is that ACA registration?????    It
just went on and on - page after page...  Even Puppy Transport services......

  One wonders when the day will come when "they" begin to "register" their own
- Like a "Hunte" registered puppy -
  It was the most depressing thing I have seen
  Louise
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 10/17/2007 12:57:16 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Karen4paws@xxxxxxx writes:
Okay Here is the link to the Ad put out by Hunte Scroll down to the 4th
ad
of the cruise ship on the water.

_http://bignickel.com/classifieds/?loc=detail&main=Pets&sub=PETS_
(http://bignickel.com/classifieds/?loc=detail&main=Pets&sub=PETS)

You know, I looked at the whole page and it's ALL organizations trying to
buy puppies and kittens (in bulk) w/ adds a few for modular kennel systems
(including financing). Obviously this is one HECK of a big business. IMO as
long as it's profitable, it's not going to end anytime soon. If anything, we
(the "fancy") have helped them to raise their prices. Spoke to a fellow y-day
who was quoted $4,500 for a GP male and $2,500 for a Rottie or Dobe. We have
a guy one county over who buys up GSDs from the farmers, breeds some
himself, will only take cash...$1,200. Not a drop of breed type. Sad, but other
than educate, I don't think there's a darn thing that can be done and sadder
yet, when somebody wants a puppy NOW they're in no mood to be educated.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds