[ SHOWGSD-L ] How smart is the GSD?

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 18:58:11 -0500

I had the most fun experience today that I would like to share.? I had to drive
out to Solvang for a dog food delivery.? Solvang is a wonderful, quaint little
Dutch community, north of Santa Barbara.? Anyway, my customer has 3 dogs.? A
long-haired Doxy, a 9mos old Irish Wolfhound and a 3yr old GSD.? This was my
first trip to her home.??She invited me in to meet the dogs and I got a a huge
greeting.? The IW is a pup (HUGE) and would not leave me alone.? The?Doxy
barked and just wanted attention.? The GSD said Hi and let the other dogs be
silly.? Then, he went to the sliding glass door and just sat there.? Of course,
I tried to get him to come to me for pets.? He would come to me but run right
back to the door.? He isn't a shy dog and I am NOT as smart as a GSD, so it
took a couple times for me to realize he wanted me to go outside with him.? I
told him I couldn't stay long and the ears went down and he gave me "the
pathetic face."? I turned my back to him to resist and then?I
 heard the slider open (he opened it) and out he went.? He ran across the deck,
down the stairs, into the backyard and got his favorite toy.? He brought it
back and dropped it at my feet.? Ok, I gave in and went out to play, LOL!?? He
must have known I had GSD's and could read him cuz he played me perfectly,
LOL!? This is why I love this breed :-)
Laura???