[ SHOWGSD-L ] How do you deal with your loss

  • From: "DOUG & PATTI CROSS" <chstormdog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:01:55 -0500

As most of you know by now that my beloved Storm crossed over to Rainbow
Bridge on Monday, December 12. Storm was my heart & soul and I can barely go
5 minutes without thinking of him or seeing his "smile". I know that he is
now free from pain and in a definately better place but I miss him so
terribly. My husband says we need to find a special place for his cremains
but I just can't seem too yet. I carry him with me to the bedroom at night
and back into the family room during the day and put him on the couch as
that is where he liked to spend his day. This may sound silly but I can't
help it. Storm was a that ever so special "once in a lifetime dog for me".
Anyone that knows me know how I treat my dogs; they are like children, Storm
never spent a night in a kennel run or outside. He lived in the house and
was part of the family. My son often said "you love Storm more than me".
Storm's death has affected many people, perhaps the person that cried almost
as much as me was Phyllis Kraft from Jim Rau Dog Shows. She loved Storm from
the time he was a little baby. She told me she will always remember him at
this years National and the true heart that he showed in that ring.

If anyone has any suggestions that might help me please let me know.

On Tuesday night I decided to put up our Christmas tree, the 1st ornament
that I took out of the box was his. He always had a new one each year,
usually a picture of him with Santa. I even took him this year; it was his
last trip anywhere. You could see in his eyes that this was going to be the
last.

Jake & Dana are still looking for him and wanting to go inside of his crate.
The door is shut and his toys are in there. I just can't bring myself to
clean it out yet.

Thanks & God Bless everyone who sent me condolences.

Patti