[ SHOWGSD-L ] How I see it

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 12:09:40 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 9/18/12 3:56:44 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I guess  it does not matter about dogs not being able to reproduce then as
it's all  about the winning.

I understand what Joan and Morton are saying, and of course, they are
right.

However, I see my job as a judge inside the ring, to judge the dogs as they
 meet the standard.

I leave the breeding up to those outside the ring, to learn and determine
what is best for them. I don't expect the true breeder to only watch what I
put  up and use that for their breeding program.  I expect them to look at
everything in the ring, everything outside the ring, talk to the breeders,
and  see what is producing quality.

Then the breeders should decide how to breed, not rely on what the judge
does or doesn't do.

I have watched some of the top breeders like Joan and Morton. I know they
don't depend of the judges to tell them what to breed. They use that as a
guide,  but that is all it is.  The show is a show, the pedigrees, the
litters, the  history and what is going on in a line is much more important
than
what a judge  does.

I have never felt any pressure to tell others how to breed dogs. Either
outside or inside the ring.

Evan L. Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come  together