[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: How I heard it

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 08:57:41 EDT

In a message dated 9/28/2007 7:38:47 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx writes:
Evan,
I don't think this is exactly correct. What I read in  Lew's post was they
voted not to waiver the 10 days required  for a special board meeting. Lew is

still call a board special  board meeting with the 10 day advance notice.

Lee  Brown

Apparently one or some board members voted no to the special  meeting.  I see
that as a good thing, as Evan stated, it was an  effort to follow the bylaws
by so doing since the original meeting's  purpose was clearly stated to re do
the election.....so thank you to who  ever said NO. That was on Sept 23.
That foiled, so you are right Lee that Lew is calling the meeting  anyway.  I
have asked for an answer from Lew the actual purpose of  the meeting......is
obviously is with intent to re do the election or  to discuss the election
issues. If the later, what is the point on Oct 6,  8 or 9 to do this when
ballots
must be in by the 11th or 12th, forget  which is correct.
It is 5 days later than the original message........why are there no
attempts being made to:

1.  ensure the ballot company counts all ballots - problem  solved
2.  expedite a mailing to the Canadians NOW so they can get  theirs back in -
again problem solved.

We MUST follow the bylaws.  Solve the issues with this  election....it is
within the bylaws.

Please absorb this.......THERE  IS NO PROVISION IN THE BYLAWS TO  HOLD A
SECOND ELECTION.

There is also no need for a special meeting to be held..........the
executive committee have the power to salvage the current election, so ask
them why
they are not???  They all ask for phone calls when you have  questions....call
them.
The executive committee is ::::  Lew Bunch 816-041-0263
                                              Gary  Szymczak  630-980-4438
                                              Bill  Pfieffer  919-781-4955
                                               Carmen Battaglia  770-998-3679
                                              Kris  Fasano

In fact, while you are calling, why not call the rest of the board  members
and tell them you want this club to run by the rules.

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont, Life  member CKC
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone  amateur
built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the  Titanic"