[ SHOWGSD-L ] How I Plan to Spend my Vacation, a re-post of Evan's email to the list

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 17:55:50 EST

am just finishing up at the office, and setting up as much as I can  for
the next month.
Because so many have offered to help, and I  have received so much support,
am going to let everyone know where I  am headed. It has not been a secret,
but  since I won't be back on the  List for a while, I am giving my only
excuse.

Monday they will rip out my  esophagus, and then figure out what to do from
there. They don't know  what they will do until they get inside and see what
is
left. After  taking two feet of my intestine five years ago, then my gall
bladder,  two inguinal hernias, and two feeding tubes, they figure there
might be
some stuff like scar tissue they have to deal with.

The surgeon says  anywhere from eight to twelve hours in surgery, then ten
days in the  hospital, then a month to recover before I can go back to work.
figure he gets as long as he wants for surgery, (I will be unconscious) then
six  days in the hospital, and 12 days to recover.

I have gotten  my laptop working and will be back, (shut up Paul) as soon as
I  can.

In the mean time, talk about changing the standard to allow  Whites to be
shown, Increase the requirements of a Futurity Judge,  find a new way to vote
for
judges at the national, and come up with a  new way to keep people from
joining  our club, that we don't like, or  who do things we don't like.

I spent the day dictating a month's worth of  letters and preparing
complaints and answers to litigation that hadn't  been done. Tomorrow I get
to  eat
nothing, sit around, and take weird  pills all day.  Not what I consider  a
perfect
day, but I can  think of worse.  For the next few weeks I will be  at The
City
of  Hope in Duarte, California, if anyone cares.

Not that there is anything  wrong with that.

Evan  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German  Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and  Temperament come  together