[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Horses and Dogs, You'll Be surprised!

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: cccaudiology@xxxxxxxxx, rockannand@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 18:50:55 EDT

In a message dated 5/11/2006 3:49:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cccaudiology@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Its far  cheaper to show a gaited horse (I cannot attest to a dressage horse,
 hunter/jumper, Arabian or reining horse--only Tennessee Walking Horses and
American Saddlebreds) than it is to show a dog. I have a very popular and well
 known trainer in Los Angeles. My horses are boarded there and monthly
boarding, including feeding, etc.. is only 250 A month. To be honest, I know
of no
show kennel who boards less than 350 a month for  a show dog.

Oh Lordy:)  My sister has a lovely farm-ett in Bucks County PA  w/ a brand
spanking new barn  the Amish built...to die for.  Because  she doesn't have an
indoor, the horses (2, hunter/jumper) are boarded in  Pennington NJ during the
winter months.  $1,100 per for full board  (occasional turn out, weather and
ground conditions permitting, feed and hay w/  the stalls done).  The $1,100
doesn't include exercise and training.   Gaited horses sure are less costly!

And I keep telling her it's far less trouble to show a dog, lol;)

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_