[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Horses

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Anja_Heibloem-Stroud@xxxxxxx>, "showgsdlistnew" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 08:15:28 -0500

WOW  -- W ords  O f  W isdom here folks.  I know, I've worked with horses
all my life and they are truly about the most delicate of animals.
It's very true that most anything can go wrong with them, almost like the
drop of a hat.  Their inner makeup is very different and did you know
they cannot vomit ---    Therefore, due to this fact plus so much more,
precautionary measures deem necessary in a multitude of ways.  A week
or so before the race I'd read an article about the artificial turf on many
tracks now.  It related that it has decreased the injury incidents by a very
large margin.  There was a concern with the Churchill Downs track being dirt
and a lot of horses not familiar with that surface.  However there
are two things I do feel are needed to protect these awesome creatures;
waiting until they're more mature as some of our Listers have said.  I do
feel a Vet check on sight before they are permitted to actually go on the
track.  I know it'd be a lot, but it is far better to be safe than sorry and
it
could very well save lives.     JMHO       Norma no L